Tuesday, March 01, 2011

March update

This month I've added one more military man - or have I? Arthur Ernest Fountain has a record in the WO97 military pensions series, and while I haven't viewed that record yet I have gone ahead and listed him. He may or may not be the same "A Fountaine, an old soldier" who died in 1916 - watch this space!

The second addition this month is another newspaper report on the coroner's inquest of baby Jane Bowden in 1857. This particular report has detailed quotes from the evidence of a number of Wing residents, but as this crime was a particularly sad one readers may find the report upsetting.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I've just nominated you for One Lovely Blog Award.
http://genealogymatters2me.blogspot.com/2011/03/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Ros Haywood said...

Hello

Looks like Sharon Brennan got there before me! I was just about to nominate you for the One Lovely Blog award as well! Oh well, I'm sure you can claim some other kind of prestigious award for being nominated twice! :o)

Best wishes

Ros
GenWestUK (www.genwestuk.blogspot.com)

Fi said...

I've just awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award. Have a look - http://intheshadeofmyfamilytree.blogspot.com/2011/03/one-lovely-blog.html

Looks like I'm not the only one.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing