Thursday, October 17, 2013

Reworking the military men pages

I know this is not one of the things I said I was going to be working on but I've reworked the military men pages a wee bit. Previously I had these lists split into WWI, WWII, and Other. The Other list was getting a little bit long though, so I've split that into 19th century, 20th century and Other.

The Naval servicemen within them have been spruced up, so to speak. Their date of service has been corrected (the revised catalogue entries at The National Archives make it clear that I had noted their birth year, rather than service year, so I've fixed this - I haven't paid to get copies of their actual records though so the service date is just an indication to the year they joined up I think, not their full service), five more Naval men have been added and the link to the Naval records at The National Archives was updated. I've also added a recipient of merchant marine war medals.

The war memorial page has been updated following the unveiling of the fully restored war memorial in November 2012. The page now includes two new photos of the restored memorial, along with expanded text about the memorial.

I've also updated the photos of the Evelyn Close plaques, now larger and without rain splatters!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary! I found your terrific blog through Geneabloggers. You have such informative, enjoyable posts. Looking forward to reading through your blog and receiving notifications about new posts.

Warm regards,
Deb

"A LIFETIME LEGACY State of Mind" blog: http://ALifetimeLegacy.blogspot.com
http://ALifetimeLegacy.com A LIFETIME LEGACY: Connecting generations and preserving memories)
Check out memory triggers on Pinterest: http://Pinterest.com/ALifetimeLegacy
Follow @ALifetimeLegacy on Twitter and Facebook
Remember: “Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are growing old.”

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing