Saturday, November 18, 2006

1841 census

Immediately after my last post, I turned my attention to the straw plaiting summary. It was curious that I couldn't find local straw plait dealer Benjamin RANDALL in 1841. To my horror I have just discovered that he was definitely in Wing - it's just the page he is on was missing from the the original scans I transcribed the 1841 census from.

And what's worse, I have just done a full check and there's eight pages in Wing and another two in Littleworth all missing on the CD I originally used!

Suffice to say getting those transcribed and up is now my number one priority.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found myself on your site due to searching for the surname Randall and noticed that the surname Randall comes up quite a bit. My Nan was a former Randall and so far I have been able to go back to a Frederick and Hannah Randall on my family tree. Am now trying to see if this Benjamin fellow was Frederick's father? If this is the case it means I can go further back. Do you have anymore details on him? Was he married, who too, dates? etc.

I must say I really enjoyed reading all about the straw plaiting times in Wing, couldn't believe I was reading a little about my ancestors of Frederick and Hannah, it really amazed me. My parents and grandparents are all Welsh born, including me and to think I have links to England is so fascinating.

Thank you for your time.

Kindest Regards

Dawn

Alex Coles said...

Hi Dawn - make sure you check out my main website at http://wing-ops.org.uk/ if you haven't already. If you get in touch with me via email alex@wing-ops.org.uk I can give you some more information on your Randall family, but yes, Frederick was Benjamin's eldest son by his first wife.

Alex

Anonymous said...

Thank you and have emailed you back

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing